Do you want to know how to manage your user accounts in Kuali Ready?
If so, then this article is for you!
In this article you will find everything you need to know about managing existing users in Kuali Ready.
If you are looking for information on how to create new users then check out this article instead.
Table of Contents
- How do I get to the User Administration Area?
- User administration screen tour
- How do I modify an existing user?
- How do I delete a user?
How do I get to the User Administration Area?
- Login to Kuali Ready as an administrator or power user type user.
- Select Admin from the global navigation.
(Located on the left side of your Ready interface window)
- Expand Administration and select Users from the new menu that has appeared under the global navigation menu.
User administration screen tour
- User Filter - Allows you to filter the user list by user status
- Approved - Shows a list of approved user accounts
- Awaiting Moderation - This option will filter the user list to show users who are awaiting approval.
- Applies when using Direct Authentication depending on the setting of your "Select the Rule for Account Moderation" option in system preferences.
- User Search Field - Use this field to search for users based on their name email address
- Create New Users button - Click this button to create a new user
- User List - Contains the list of users in you Ready system who fall under the category specified in the User Filter.
- You can click the column headers (First Name, Last Name, etc) to re-order the list.
- User Management Options - This portion of the User List contains options to manage or moderate your existing users.
- Edit - Opens a pop-up that allows you to modify the settings of an existing user
- Delete - Allows you to delete a user. Another confirmation will appear after clicking this option just in case.
- Number of Users Per Page - Allows you to control the number of users displayed per page.
- Note: If you have more than the selected number of users in your Ready system you will also have page navigation options here.
How do I modify an existing user?
To modify an existing user simply click the Edit button next to the user in your User List. A new pop-up will appear that allows you to alter options and settings for the selected user.
- Field labels that have an asterisk (*) before the label are required
- Password - This field is not required
- If you leave the Password field blank then the users existing password will not change
- Indicates if the user is authorized to access Ready
- If Off is selected then the user will still receive an invitation and will be able to login, but will see a NOT AUTHORIZED message on the Ready dashboard.
- Resend email invitation to user
- If this option is checked the invitation email will be resent to the user upon saving the screen.
- This is useful if you did not set a password on the user when they were created and the user didn't receive the invitation email containing the link to set their password.
- Save - Be sure to save the user after making changes! If you click Cancel or otherwise close this screen then any changes will be lost!
How do I delete a user?
Step 1 - Click the Delete option next to the user's information
Deleting a user is a fairly simple process. Simply find the user you wish to delete and click the Delete button to the far right of the user's information.
Step 2 - Confirm the deletion
Step 3 - The user has now been deleted